1. Download, complete, and submit the MA Nursing Application with the requested documentation to PCS.
Note: You must have a United States Social Security Number (SSN) in order to apply by reciprocity using this application.
Note: If a Good Moral Character question is answered yes, CLICK HERE. If you must complete the Board’s Good Moral Character Evaluation, required documentation should be sent directly to the Board AFTER submitting a completed application inclusive of fees to PCS.
2. Request license verifications from each state of licensure to be sent to PCS (whether active and inactive, LPN, RN, or APRN).
Click here to request license verifications from participating Nursys states.
Use this form here if the state is not a participating Nursys state (fees may apply).
3. PCS reviews applications and verifications for completeness and accuracy within 3 business days of receipt .
If incomplete, PCS will notify applicant via email or mail of all discrepancies.
4. PCS emails the License Letter to the applicant within 3 business days of approval
5. At the same time of approval, PCS submits information to MA Board electronically.
6. The Massachusetts Board of Nursing posts license numbers on their website within 24 hours of approval; click here to view.
7. Official licenses will arrive in the mail within 21 business days.