Intern registration is valid for 5 years. After 5 year period, a new registration is required including fees.
1. Download and complete application.
Pharmacy Internship Registration Application
Note: If applicant does not have a Social Security Number, send this form here with application.
Note: If a Good Moral Question on the application is answered 'yes', then click here.
2. Submit completed application and fee to PCS.
3. PCS reviews application for completeness.
If incomplete, PCS will contact applicant.
If complete, registration number will be posted on Board's website within 3 days. Click here to verify registration number.
4. Board mails registration card to applicant within 2 weeks.
5. If or when applicant changes preceptor, applicant must submit Form C to update preceptor information.
6. Each time applicant completes internship hours at a new location or has worked in one place more than a 3 month period; applicant needs to submit Form B for hours accrued.
7. Once a total of 1500 internship hours has been met (1000 from school; 500 from work), applicant may apply for pharmacy license. Click here for application information.
Note: Foreign trained Pharmacy candidates need to complete 1,500 intership hours.
Candidates graduating prior to 2012 will need to submit 1,000 hours from their school and an additional 500 intern hours are needed.
Intern hours are recorded on the Verification of Graduation for candidates graduating in and after 2012.
Intern registration is valid for 5 years. (Requests for an extension of a Pharmacy Internship must be made in writing directly to the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy.)