APPLICATION and TESTING PROCESS FOR AZ
STEP 1: Download and read your Candidate Handbook.
STEP 2: Create an Account with PCS if you do not already have one. You will receive an email from PCS once you have successfully created your account.
STEP 3: Pre-register and pay for your Exam (after you logged in) if you have not already registered. PCS accepts Discover, Mastercard, and Visa.
STEP 4: Go to your account home page and upload your 2x2 Passport Type Photo.
STEP 5: Submit Examination Application to Arizona State Board of Cosmetology
- Once the board receives a COMPLETE examination packet. The board will notify PCS that you qualify to take the exam. PCS will NOTIFY you by EMAIL of your practical examination date and give instructions on scheduling the written exam. (The Arizona State Board does not notify candidates for any examination date).
- If you do not qualify for the examination or more information is required, the Board will notify you by mail only.
- If you have questions, please contact Suzi or Mimi: (480) 784-4539 Examination
- It is the Candidate’s responsibility to make sure you have applied with PCS and AZ Board for examinations. If you do not complete either of the applications, you will not be scheduled for examinations.
STEP 6: Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email from PCS. If you are taking the theory (written) examination, PCS will email you an Authorization to Test letter that contains instructions for scheduling your examination with Prometric.
STEP 7: If you are taking the practical examination, PCS will email you an admission notice no later than 7 days prior to your scheduled examination. You must take the Admission Notice with you to the exam site.
STEP 8: Take your examinations on the dates and times as scheduled.
STEP 9: After your theory examination, you will receive an unofficial score notice immediately following your test.
STEP 10: Within 10 business days from the date of your practical and theory examination, PCS will email your official results to you.
- If you fail an examination, instructions for reapplying will be provided on your score notice.
- Once all required examination(s) have been passed, you will receive a Notice of Completion and PCS will send your scores the AZBOC.